Media Self-Regulatory Organizations Network (MSON) was created as a platform for regional cooperation and exchange of experience.
The main objectives of the Network are:
– To promote high-quality, professional media and ethical journalism in their countries;
– To improve the relevance and effectiveness of media self-regulatory bodies;
– To support contacts, links and joint cooperation between the Network members for exchange of information, knowledge and experience on common media issues and issues in field of journalistic ethics;
– To raise the awareness of the Network members, media professionals and society as a whole about the principles of media self-regulation and professionalism;
– To help in review of cross-border complaints between the countries of the region;
– Cooperation in resource-raising for joint programs implemented within the Network’s scope of activities.
On October 7, 2011, in Moscow the representatives of media self-regulation bodies of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan and Ukraine adopted Memorandum of Understanding – the MSON statute.
The participation of Tajikistan in the activities of MSON was later suspended, and as of today the Network unites the media self-regulation bodies of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.